Mediterranean Fall Tuna Patties
by elenalocanda | Oct 23, 2016 | Appetizer recipe idea
Hello gourmet friends.
Here in Slovenia is officially Fall time. Vineyards around us are turning to million-fall-colour palette: red, yellow, brown and some green. It is really a magic time. I enjoy walking around this pitturesque nature. Althought Fall means short-light days I love this season because:
- I celebrate my birthday in October and I get special & original gits from my family such as birthday song at 6 A.M. and a picture of Ironman with ”Happy birthday mum!” wish 😉
- I like very much the smell and warmth coming out from fireplaces around 😉 It is really relaxing. If my husband brings me some rousted chestnuts and a glass of a good red wine than the happiness is doubled
So, End of October is here, and I have to think what to make for Halloween Kid’s party. Here is the answer: Mediterranean Tuna Patties with fresh Fall herbs and vegetables from my garde
You will need:
- Mediterranean tuna, 200g
- 2 Tbs of Breadcrumbs
- Sun dried tomatoes,
- 2 Eggs
- 1 small Sweet Green Pepper
- 1 dinced sweet red Onion
- Garlic, 3 cloves
- Parsley, chopped
- Grated Parmiggiano cheese
- 5 Tbs of Extra virgin olive oil
- Salt to taste
Fold in a bowl drained tuna, and dinced red onion. Stir in Parmesan cheese, bread crumbs and eggs. Add chopped sun dried tomatoes, dinced garlic, chopped sweet green pepper and chopped parsley. Season with salt. Stirr all ingredients with your hands. Shape tuna mixture into 10 1-inch thick patties.
Heat extra virgin olive oil in a pan over medium heat. Fry patties until golden brown (approx. 5 minutes per side).
This tuna patties will disappear in 5 minutes. Your kids (and you) will adore them.
Buon appetito and Happy Halloween